My first modeling experience!
Yesterday I spent the day on set for a pet store print ad. I was paired with a Golden Retriever...well... a few Gold Retrievers. (The lights and people made a lot of them nervous.)
I will say it's pretty fun and WAY less stressful being the talent on set. Just sit around, chat with a few people, and then go and take some pictures! A lot different from being a producer or PA on set lol.
Here's my outfit along with makeup.
HAIR PREP (The night before)
- Separated my hair into two sections on either side
- Used ACV to do a quick pre-cleanse treatment let sit for 5 minutes
- While in the shower washed each section with the Terressentials mud wash
- Towel dry with microfiber hair towel
- Break up hair into 4 sections from the 2.
- For each section: Use my Vatika Hair Oil to seal in moisture. NOTE: To Purchase seek out your local Indian grocer it will be exponentially cheaper than purchasing online.
- For each section: Lightly blow dry until hair is about 50% dry.
- For each section: apply a quarter size amount of Eco Styler Gel and smooth through
- For each section: braid into 3 braids.
- In the morning: unravel and fluff
SKIN PREP (The night before)
I use the terressentials mud wash as a face exfoliant as well. Let it sit while I work on my hair in the shower and rinse off at the very end.
SKIN PREP (The morning of)
Did an oil rinse using some coconut oil. I apply the oil and massage into my face before getting into the shower. While showering I leave the oil on so the steam can work its magic. Once I'm finished washing my body, I take my washcloth and massage and scrub the oil off my face while under the warm water.
I find doing an oil rinse every now and then (once or twice a week) gives my skin that extra elasticity and buoyancy. Combined that with drinking enough water and a decent diet and my skin stays looking pretty good.
I'll update and let you know about the finished product. I'm assuming it will take a while before I see the ads.